Stop Over Optimization of On Page SEO Factors
Let us assume you want to rank for a specific term: “Hosting services.” First of all, stop using this phrase on multiple on page SEO areas. Some examples:
- URL of the page is http://www.domain.com/hosting services
- The page has 12 images and everyone has the Alt attribute “hosting services”
- The page has 75 incoming links from other areas of your site and every anchor text is “hosting services”
- You are using this phrase 34 times on the page’s body.
- Your Title tag has the word “Hosting services” at the beginning and at the end.
- You are using 10 variations of related tags e.g “hosting services, hosting service, blog hosting..” and so on.
- You have stuffed the meta keywords and meta description with this keyword and similar variations.
It’s not going to help. You can scratch your head and wonder why your page isn’t ranking at all but that’s the bitter truth. You’re not going to rank for anything which is not natural and which has been done forcibly. It’s that simple
The search bots can determine whether a specific page offers value to the users. They have more than 500 different signals and they judge the user behavior and usefulness of a page in great detail. Hence, excessively worrying about the on page SEO factors won’t help you in the bigger picture. If your page is useful and provides value to the users, it will rank on it’s own even if you don’t stuff it with keywords or don’t have too many incoming links to it.
In short, stop obsessing about too much seo optimization, focus on the user behavior, and value aspect of your page. You should be then in good shape.
Stop Throwing the Same Words Over and Over
When a search bot crawls your page and it finds multiple occurrences of the same keyword and phrase combinations, it gets slightly annoyed. They have this typical reaction:
“You know what, the first time you say a phrase, it’s interesting, the second time you say the phrase, it’s still a bit useful. After a while, we rather realize that okay, you have said it before. There is no need to say the same thing over and over again.”
So instead of using the same keyword and phrase combinations, you should format your content so that it is interesting. Include multiple variations of the content, similar words and meaningful information are a plus.
Do not include the same sentences and phrase combinations multiple times on a page. Rather than helping you to rank for that specific long tail of search; it might go against you.