Google rolled out its most recent iteration of the panda algorithm on Wednesday 9/27/11
We’re continuing to iterate on our panda algorithm as part of our commitment to returning high-quality sites to Google users. This most recent update is one of the roughly 500 changes we make to our ranking algorithms each year
Anyway about panda here is what we have done:
1. Sped up the site (still too slow… but relatively faster than we were before)
2. Got rid of paid links
3. Google No followed all content on the site that did not represent the products with enough information… (improved quality of content)
4. Google no followed about 1,000 additional niche category pages with low quality/duplicate content.
5. Added features like: reviews; comments
6. Created blogs with high quality niche information linking back to our site.